Australian Pottery at Bemboka
In our third season we contrasted the effect of flame on wood-fired works with the delicacy of porcelain and the bling of lustres and crystalline glazes. We liberated a range of platters from the gallery drawers and devoted one wall to teapots, mugs, etc.
Gallery notes are available here.
October 2011 to June 2012
Body | Surface | Form
- Column 1
- Stewart Scambler: Wood-fired bowl, c2008
- Peter Wallace: Crystalline vase, 1995
- Ian Sprague: Shallow bowl, late 1960s – early 1970s
- Petruccelli’s Ceramics: Pair of mugs, early 1980s
- Column 2:
- Ben Richardson: Wood-fired vessel, c2009
- Greg Daly: Lustre dish, late 1980s – early 1990s
- Julie Shepherd: Porcelain form, c.2005
- Johanna Demaine: Teapot, 1988
Posted on Australian pottery 1960s to date, August 13, 2012 by Judith
2011-2012 was another wet season, with almost no need for hand watering. The garden thrived and I used newspaper, and mulch to lay out new beds and planted another ten roses. We had two further floods, with mop up work alleviated by allowing the grass to grow over the gravel carpark. There is now more to mow, but I don’t have to spend days carting wheel-barrow loads of gravel back up the hill again after heavy rain. More....